Friday, August 31, 2007

GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS

Here is just a little update on how awesome our God is. Just when you think you are doubting if God hears your prayers, he shows you that he is here and in control.

We have found a church that we really like!! Eastside Community Church. Wow - what a welcoming church with a lot of young families with lots of kids. I have been reading the newspaper and I came across two articles on this church. All on how much outreach it does to the community. One article was about how they had a Bible Club during the "holiday" and over 500 kids attended. That is amazing. And the other article was how they are currently doing the Bible study Purpose Driven Life. Scott and I decided to check it out. We placed the kids in the childrens program and Maddie really took to the teachers. After church they invited us to tea, but not before they introduced us to the pastor and other members of the church. It was a great feeling to be talking to fellow believers. We also signed up for their bible study groups that meet during the week. They do not currently have a girls club so I am excited to introduce it to the pastor. He is very involved in the community and loves to outreach. SO GEMS here we come!!!

The second answer to prayer is I have found a doctor for Maddie and Alex. We have been struggling on how to go about finding a doctor for the kids. I have gotten to know one of the other moms at Maddie's school and she recommended her doctor. She did tell me that it could take 4 weeks to get an appointment (this really did not surprise me because that is how long it takes to do anything here). I was worried about waiting that long to get Maddie into a doctor for her ears. But, God is good - I called and I was able to get and appointment two days later. YES!! So, I took Maddie and Alex to the doctor on Friday - Scott had some training so I had to go by myself - Little Anxiety driving where I have never driven before!! The doctor said that Maddie has Eczema in her ears. Not sure I agree, but we are going to try what he recommends. He did say that if it does not work or feel better in 7 days he would refer me to an ENT. So good news and we are now just waiting to see if the new cream works. Thank you for your prayers it is so good to have a doctor to go to now for the kids. I am very happy.

We can also see God's hand in the business end for Scott as well - Here is his update:
Here are the two newest members to Innotec Construction Technologies. Nkhensani Chauke and the Bakkie. Nkhensani has been a friend of fellow Innotec folks for quite a few years. He is a great Christian man who is very driven to get things done. He has a degree in Corporate Finance so he will be a great addition as finance details are not my favorite thing in the world. The Bakkie (little truck) is a vehicle that was purchased for him to use to get around. These are extremely common here and are rated for 1/2 ton, which we don't plan on testing.
When we need it, we will purchase a 1.3 ton Bakkie like the one above, for handling large loads.

Business itself has been a little slow. Applying for accounts here is difficult and slow. It has taken quite a bit of effort to get bank accounts set up. We are now in the process of applying for permission from the exhange control here in SA to let us receive loans from Innotec to do business. This process can take up to 8 weeks. I also have to be here for 3 months b/f I will be able to get a cell phone contract. They need local bank accounts data for 3 moths to give contracts, the problem is that they will then deny me b/c my work visa will run out b/f the cell contract does. It's little things like this that drive me nuts! I hope they will let me set it up through the business once we have 3 mths of statements to show.

We will be buying a block making machine in the next week. It has a 6 week lead time which means we have that long to get a block yard set up. That, along with meeting with developers, will be our focus over the next month. We pray that the location for the block yard will be clear to us and that we can find some new developers to work with.

The development that we are looking forward to working in has been delayed a few months by government approvals. We are not surprised but are dissapointed at the delay.

So, things are moving forward but at a pace that is slower than I would like. We trust God will keep things moving and will give us direction.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God does answer prayers! Sometimes we forget, but in His grace He takes time to show us & remind us again!

Glad about the church & doctor. Good-luck with the business!

Praying for you!
jen

Anonymous said...

That is just awesome news....I am so glad that things are coming together more for you. I am currently in NY sending you lots of love.

denise said...

So glad the church end of things is working out so well. Anxious to hear how the Bible Study goes. What an awesome way to meet friends and get connected. It's wonderful that you've found a doc for the kids as well! Did Maddie get her ears cleaned out too? Hope the diagnosis is correct and can be handled without going to another doctor. Can't wait to hear how it goes.
thanks too, to Scott for the work update. Sounds like things are finally getting rolling after many slow days. Looks like you have a good man working for you and that your equipment will be arriving soon. What a long time it takes to get any thing done!
God is good and does indeed answer prayer. What would we do without Him!?
Love you tons, Mom

Anonymous said...

Scott - I think I'd be going nuts too! I'm sure I'd be getting real impatient, having to wait for so long for everything! Glad things are falling into place though. Love, Aunt Marva