Monday, August 6, 2007

ON THE ROAD AGAIN

notice the small spec way up the road - that would be Maddie

We are offically on the road again with new bikes – what great smiles and fun!! Alex is so excited that his bike is just a big as Maddie's. The kids took them for a spin to the park and of course they couldn't pass the park without some fun on the trampoline – Then off again on the bikes. The speed bumps in the road were great for the kids - well maybe not alex - they slowed him down alright by tipping his bike over - he had a few spills - scrapped up knees, tears - the works.







Look at this rental beauty – a 2007 VW Citi - we had to bring our car in to get the last things fixed at the dealer for free. So, Scott came home with this beauty – No power steering, you really have to push on the brakes and there is no air conditioning (it reminds Scott of his parents 1973 Chevette that he learned to drive on)– a lot of fun to drive. This is the the size car that most people drive here. I took it for a spin to the grocery store. After my shopping I put the key in to unlock the doors and the alarm went off. When I finally figured out how to turn the alarm off, I tried starting the car and the darn alarm went off again. What a sight in the good ol parking lot. I have laughed at myself so many times with me and these cars and driving. Just when I will get used to it – I will be home for Christmas and I will definitely be driving myself to TARGET!! and I will have to figure out how to drive all over again.

On Sunday we went to yet another church down the road – Service started at 9:30am and we got in the car to go home at 12:33pm. What is it with long services!! Anyway, It was a great experience. When we first got there there were only 6 people in the church. By the time the church service ended it was a full house!! Picture being shoved into a trailer – tin roof – and having the music pumping loud and everyone dancing and swaying their hands in the air. Alex was getting into the groove. It was great to hear praise songs in both English and Zulu. I enjoyed it. You went home just a dancing away. The kids on the other hand – could not contain themselves for that long. We will definitely visit the church again, but for a permanent church home probably not. So our search continues again.
Here are some updated pictures of us (just in case you forgot what we look like)



Notice: Maddie lost her second tooth in Africa - Thanks to Grandma for the book "I Lost My Tooth in Africa" - In the book the girl gets a chicken - Maddie keeps asking us for a chicken. I hope the tooth fairy can accomplish that one!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures Lia!!! The kids look like they have lots of fun. I have a nice package that I am going to send them soon, so make sure they keep looking. :) Sure do miss you guys, especially yesterday at the family dinner!!
Love and Miss you all!!!

denise said...

Thanks for the update! Glad you had a good church experience yesterday although still hoping you find a church to call home.
The kids look so happy! It's so good to see their big smiles. Do they have a tooth fairy in South Africa? I sure hope so! I'll have to see if our tooth fairy has any chickens to give away. Chase lost a tooth yesterday during our family dinner. He didn't know whether to laugh or cry. It was so cute!
Thanks for the pics of you and Scott too. It's good to see your smiling faces too.
Miss you tons everyday! Love Mom

Amy said...

hi guys! it's so great to see you all looking so happy! stella is always asking about all of you and we check your blog daily. miss you and love you all-
amy

p.s. i know about traffic circles (they're all over dc)...not quite as complex as the magic round-a-bout, however. i can't imagine doing one on the wrong side of the car!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it got warmer....short sleeves. Seems like you're all doing well. By the way, we didn't forget what you looked like, but it sure is nice to see the smiling pics.

Anna said...

Just checking to to see how you are doing. What an amazing adventure! Blessings!