Thursday, August 23, 2007

Athletic Day



Maddie had a athletic day for school yesterday. Three schools - grades 0 - 3 - "competed" in 5 events: the 100m, 60m, bean bag toss, javelin throw, and three legged race. Maddie was very shy in the beginning and I could not get her on the field. She warmed up some - after some convincing from mom and dad. Here is a video of her running the 60m and some pictures of the other events. (PS - the video is a seperate blog entry - I have not figured out how to add it to this blog)



javelin throw


bean bag toss


three legged race


break time

I am also going to ask for a prayer request for Maddie. She is having ear problems again. She has excessive ear wax build up in her ears. The last few weeks it has been getting worse. The other day I could not even see in her ear because of all the wax and scabs. She has very little hearing in her right ear. This makes it hard for her at school and at home to understand anything. She had this when we lived in the US and she had surgery to unplug everything. The problem here is that we do not have a doctor for the kids and we need to find one. It would be to long of a wait if we waited until our visit in December. Please pray that we can find a good doctor who can refer us to a good ENT. Maddie gets frustrated easily with it and is uncomfortable.

6 comments:

denise said...

Way to go Maddie! What a fun day you had. Thanks to mommy for sharing the sweet pictures of you. Looks like you're making alot of friends. I especially like the picture of you with your arms around your friend. What is her name? Friends are wonderful. I'm glad you participated and did so well. Love you so much, Gramma D

Anonymous said...

Praying for Maddie.
Love you so much.
It looks like a fun day at school.

Anonymous said...

We will pray that you can find a good doctor for the kids and that they can take care of Maddie's ear problems. What great pictures! I agree with your grandma, Maddie - I love the picture of you and your friend with your arms around each other. Looks like you had a really fun day!! Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried ear candles. I use them on my son who has some of the same problems. I don't know if you can find a health food store there, otherwise I have ordered some on the internet. If you can get the wax to soften (I usually use olive oil) the ear candles really do work! You might have to use a couple of them if it is really clogged. Good luck

Anonymous said...

Hope your ear and hearing problems are solved soon, Maddie! Your pictures of the field day and your friends are so cute - I'm glad you're having fun and making so many friends. Sending love from Michigan!

Anonymous said...

I have to say this stuff dries and holds the curls in place for great curl

definition. I dont like that my curls were rather dry though. I'd say you must must must use the oil or some sort of moisturizer w/this product if you have thick (curly hair: type 3C) hair like mine.