Friday, August 17, 2007

If you had an extra 15 minutes.....

Do you ever feel like you are on a merry-go-round and you just can't get off. Ten million things to do, hardly anytime to do them. You have a list of leisure activities you want to do, or phone calls you really want to make, or emails you need to sit down and write. If only there were 15 extra minutes you could .... change the world? How would you spend your extra 15 minutes?

Me - I made our family into magnets on the refrigerator!!


and then I added pieces to change the look

And here we have Grandma and Grandpa Dieleman with Maddie & Alex

Grandma and Grandpa Leenstra & kids

Grandma and Grandpa Veenstra and kids

And Alex asked for Uncle Johnny

Do you think I have too much time on my hands!!??? Do not be surprised if I add all the other friends and family members to our magnet collection.

I have so much time to do things, I do not know what to do. I think a lot, read, sit in the sun, play with the kids, go to bed early, watch TV, oh and clean and cook. You think - I must be lucky - But it is very lonely and I am sad that I am not able to quick run to mom's, go to the office to do investigative work with Dad, talk to siblings on a daily basis, go out for lunch with friends, go to a great church, go to target or Meijers at night, do GEMS, be involved at Dutton Christian, being around family, just calling someone on the phone to talk.

I am very homesick!!!

- therefore I started making magnets of people we love to remind us that we are loved and thought of.

I miss the busy life - Is that wrong? Am I to be at peace? Am I ungreatful? Will this get easier?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lia those are cute. I sure do miss you guys. I was a little disappointed that i did not make the fridge.....but i am sure in time i will :)
Things will get easier in time....so don't worry. we are all praying for you and we all can't wait until you guys get skype up and running :)

Anonymous said...

Where is my mug!!!

Katie said...

Lia - those are so cute. What a fun project :)

How do you get those to stick to a stainless steel fridge? - at least thats what it looks like in the photo anyway

It was great to talk to you guys today! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lia, you made me cry. I'm sorry that you are so homesick - hopefully it will get better, when Maddie gets more involved with school and you meet more moms. I LOVE the pictures, but I didn't see me and Uncle Dave up there - must be you don't have a good picture to cut up, huh? Those magnets are adorable!! Love you and miss you!! By the way - when do I get to see you on Skype?? Love ya! Aunt Marva

Anonymous said...

My dearest Lia,

How my heart aches for you. We are selfish and think of ourselves missing all of you but we have others and you don't. You have every right to feel the way you do.
Believe it not, God DOES have a great plan for you. I wish I could be there with you and for you.
Your magnets are so cute.
I love you soooo much.
love, Mom

Lis said...

You made me cry too and miss you more than I already do! I love you! Keep looking UP! Lis