Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I'M A BIG KID NOW!!!

IT IS OFFICIAL


ALEX IS A BIG KID NOW!!







Alex flexing his muscles to show how big he is

He also wants to show off his Transformer Shirt (his prized possession)


This blog is for all of those who know I have been struggling with fully potty training Alex. After a year of many hours in the bathroom, bribes you would not believe, taking away of toys and snacks (snacks is a big one for Alex), many doses of Milk of Magnesia, many accidents and the fear of giving up - Alex finally gets it. This comes shortly after my emails to friends and family on more advice on what to do!! It was very frustrating. Scott and I are so proud of him. He will be turning 4 in October. As my dad said as advice to me - He won't be getting married in a diaper!!



It is amazing how much he will eat now that he is emptying all the blockage in his stomach. He is eating beans, hot dogs, and he will even take bites of foreign food. HOW AWESOME!!

He is growing up so fast here in SA

Well thought I would spread the news - you can laugh at me all you want - I am so HAPPY!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job ALEX!!! I am so proud. Sending hugs and kisses..and I'll be sending out a suprise by the end of the week so keep watching...

(on a side note...dad always makes a comment about me commenting first....I have yet to see him comment on your blog...That's right I challenge dad to figure it out. :0)

Anonymous said...

way to go alex!
woo! woo! lia
ha ha sara

Lia said...

way to go dad - your first comment on the blog!! I am proud of you too!!

Greg said...

Nice job Alex and nice shirt! Way to stick with it Lia and Scott (mostly Lia). So here is the definition of perseverance:
To persist in or remain constant to a purpose, idea, or task in the face of obstacles or discouragement. Way to stay with it.
G-

Anonymous said...

I am impressed.....my only question now is did mom have to help you post it?

Regardless, I am proud!

Anonymous said...

me
myself
I
thank you very much!
woo! woo!
dad

Anonymous said...

way to go alex!

to lia...been there, done that, and not looking forward to starting again soon!

jen

Anonymous said...

Wow, and again, dad, i say i am impressed!

Anonymous said...

Good job Alex!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you.

Good job Mom. I know how frustrating that can be. my youngest gave me problems too.

love you all.
mom

Anonymous said...

hey now!! i gave no problems at all.

Michelle said...

That is great news Lia! this is HUGE! I wish I was there to see the joy on your face as well!

Dad is leaving comments on blogs now? What's next? ;)

Anonymous said...

What a fun site you have! I'd be proud too! I know it was a long road for you! And you even got your dad to blog - WOW, that's really special too!! Love you all! Aunt Marva

denise said...

Hey Alex! I am so proud of you too. I knew you could do it! You must feel so good about that. And, I love your shirt! Uncle Johnny and Chase have transformer shirts too! Way to go Lia and Scott too. Not an easy or pleasant task and Alex proved to be a real challenge! Glad it's done and you can all feel good about it.

by the way, I did not help dad post a comment. He did it all by himself! woo woo!

Love you all tons and tons! Mom aka grandma

Anonymous said...

i am a little supicious of the fact that both dad and mom used woo! woo! in their comments...I don't know.......