Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Writing Lines!!

Do you remember when you were young and your parents had you write lines for a punishment. Well, I did it to Maddie. I have been frustrated with Maddie hitting me - so as I was thinking what I could do to make an impact (because obviously what I was doing was not working), this little light went off in my head - LINES. Since it was her first time writing lines I went easy on her. She only had to write 30. It took her about 30 min. I remember writing at least 100 - I will obey my parents, I will not hit, I will listen, and if that didn't work we would have to get out the good ol Encyclopedia and copy a page.
.
Not sure on the impact I left on her, but she was in her room for 30 min. After she was done she was quite proud of herself! Was this the result I was going for??? Was it too much fun for her???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL....oh memories.....hopefully she learned her lesson.....

much love....

Michelle said...

Oh Maddie. Sounds like she made the best of it. Even tho she found satisfaction in her punishment, she probably learned the lesson of the lines.

Miss Betsy Wierenga said...

I think that it is good that she was proud of her writing, because she can be proud of what she wrote. It encourages her to take ownership of the rule. She will likely remember it longer, too, because it made a positive impact. That's my thought, anyway. But I'm no mother... Though sometimes I like to be.
Glad to hear all is going well. We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, I remember writing lines! I even had to do it in 10th grade!!! I had to write "I am a vociferous flibbertigibbet", which basically means "I talk a lot". Hmmmm. I think I'd rather write "I will not hit". Love ya! Aunt Marva

denise said...

Oh Marva, how do you remember such things!
anyway, the line writing brought me back to a daughter of mine when she was younger. Thank goodness they grow up to be absolutely wonderful adults! My oldest sister always told me that the "feistyness" makes for a strong adult someday. I can attest to that.
Just love her to pieces and try to be patient. You are an awesome mother!
I think the line writing does leave an impression. Hang on to those papers. You'll all look back at them someday and have a good laugh!
Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

I had to write lines at school for a whole term whilst standing on one leg. I had to write i will not kick Sirs Balls again. And i got a after school for five and a half hours writing the same thing 1000 x and i had to stay in for all the lunch x and break for 2 terms. unfair!