Friday, September 14, 2007

Teacher's Birthday!

Maddie and her teacher - Ma'am Loraine

It was Maddie's teachers birthday today and also the last day of school before holiday (or as we would call it - Spring Break). Instead of school today the teacher took the kids down the road to Plantland to see the flowers, fish and birds and then ended the morning with ice cream. I invited myself along on the trip to take pictures and to get to know the teacher a little better. (One perk of Scott working out of the house - he could watch Alex)


Half of Maddie's class - there are a lot of kids sick (5-7 days) with a really bad flu. Please pray that Maddie does not get it!

The fish aquarium. Little different than the ones back home. There were empty glass fish tanks everywhere on not so stable tables. Definitely did not want one of them to tip over - as you can see in the picture - there was not much room to move around.

Looking at the birds - pretty much just parrots, chickens and ducks. The kids seemed to really enjoy it.
Precious Maddie!

Taking time to play together as a class!

Here is Maddie and a boy named John-Pierce. The teacher says they are always together. He will be moving to Australia at the end of the year. Maddie will miss him.

Eating ice cream!!
It was a great morning! Scott and I are planning a vacation to the east coast for a long weekend. Not sure where yet, but I will keep you all posted!
.
and here is a little something extra:
My new haircut

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

your hair looks great lia! have a fun weekend!
jen

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Maddie's teacher. Looks like a fun filled day at school. Love the haircut. Love and miss you tons.

Anonymous said...

I love your hair, Lia.
Thanks for sharing the pictures of Maddie and her class. I noticed one boy was barefoot. Why couldn't we ever go to school or places barefoot?????
love you lots and miss you!!!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Love the hair, Lia! Wow, you are amazing me young lady! Way to go, see how God stretches you, when in Africa!

Have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Barb

LCHS 2013 said...

Your hair looks awesome!
I love seeing the pictures of your family every now and then when I'm able to check your blog. Hope you are all doing well.
Am thinking about you all and praying for you!
love,
Shelly

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

Maddie looks so happy - I just can't imagine the stories she will have for her kids some day about her life in SA. I love your hair - hang on to the gal that cut it!! Love you!! Aunt Marva

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

8

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can phrase that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is quiet a without question as you did in the downgrade publication of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=spyware nuker xt ?
I noticed the axiom you have not used. Or you profit by the pitch-dark methods of development of the resource. I have a week and do necheg