Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Irene Dairy Farm

We took trip to the Irene Dairy Farm today. I would have never imagined the kids being so excited to see cows!! We have seen many wild animals here and all it takes for a smile on their face is to see a cow! It was a nice afternoon. The farm is a full running dairy farm with a nice restaurant to have lunch and a farm store. (I have to say it was the cleanest and most beautiful farm I have seen). The kids were very interested in the tractor and seeing the cows being milked. Enjoy the photos!!

Oh the famous tractor at the farm picture!!


The kids had to have a picture next to the cows with the numbers on their butt (they thought that was funny).

Look at the love between them! I have to say these two have created a special bond (not saying they don't fight), but they really watch out for each other, they hold hands in the parking lots, and they can play for hours together (yes even without fighting!). I have loved seeing them have this special love for each other.

All in a row waiting to be hooked up to a jug


A look at the milk collecting jugs



Seems like they have grown a lot since we have been here!

Follow the stone path to see more cows!

Alex learning to fly!


Maddie was tired of me taking photos - so I told her to smile for Grandpa - Look at the smile she produced!!! I think she misses all her grandparents!



Alex was a little more serious

7 comments:

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

Oh, the kids look so big! You sure do lots of fun and interesting things with them. Love and miss you all! Aunt Marva

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures as always Lia! Sure makes me miss you all lots. Can't wait for Christmas.

PS: I can imagine the kids laughing at the numbers on the cows butts. It makes me laugh to think of them laughing. Oh and what is on Maddie's arm?? Kinda looked like cow crap. LOL :)

Love you lots.

Lia said...

no it is not cow crap - it is a halloween tatoo sent to maddie from grandma leenstra

Anonymous said...

LOL.....I couldn't really tell. I figured since she was by cows that's what it was. :) LOL

Anonymous said...

Another adventure! It looks like Maddie and Alex have become the best of friends - another plus to your time there in SA. I never imagined there was so much to see and do there - thanks for the updates and the pictures! Sending love and hugs!

Heather said...

Lia, you are a gorgeous tan SA beauty! (And I think Scott's shirt is awesome!) I loved seeing all the pictures. Maddie is so beautiful by those roses. What a gorgeous environment. What a gorgeous family.

Phoebe misses Maddie. She said with resolve in the back seat yesterday, "When is Maddie coming back?! She's been gone too long. I want to play with Maddie!" I will try to get something in the mail again soon.

Did you check out the pictures Katie took of our family? I sent you a link. She is so gifted.

Hugs to all! Love, H

Wenchy said...

Is a fabulous place!