Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Cockroaches


They have been spotted!! These roaches are on an adapter plugged into our wall in the kitchen.

We seem to be having an issue!!! We know from experience that we do not have the right living conditions for a lizard, but it seems it is just right for cockroaches. We had an exterminatior here 2 weeks ago and it seems it is not working (or if it did there was not enough poision to go around!). The grossest part is I will be sitting on the couch and every so often a cockroach is brave and takes a stroll across the room (they are invading the house and the surrounding tree in our yard). When the lights are off they are everywhere - turn the lights on and zoom -gone. They are able to squeeze into any crack in the walls. It seems to me that Flat Stanley may be put on a mission to squeeze under the walls and attack!! It will be risky - 1 Stanley against who knows how many roaches, but I am willing to take that risk!!


HELP!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh Lia, that is so gross...I hope you can get that taken care of! You are even more in my prayers! :)
jen

Anonymous said...

That is so familiar to when we lived in Okinawa; you have to just get use to it. I remember opening the kitchen cabinet doors to get dishes out for breakfast and they would just fall out of the cabinets. I would clean the cabinets, spray and two days later they would be back in full force.
Just make sure when you come back to the U.S. you don't take any with you. I always thought the large spiders were worse.
Love ya!
Mom L

Anonymous said...

NASTY.

I'll visit when they are gone. :)

ASchaaf said...

G-R-O-S-S! I feel all squirmy and itchy just from looking at the picture. Hope the roach issue is resolved soon!
Amy Schaaf

Katie said...

EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you just need a few LARGE spiders to fend off the cockroaches. Maybe you could just leave them a plate of food overnight and then at least they would just be attracted to one area. Will the cat help out? Maybe a combination of Flat Stanley and your cat? Maybe it could be Scott's full time job? He doesn't seem to be working anyway. Good luck. If you need any more suggestions, I'm sure I could come up with something.
G-

Anonymous said...

Make sure you keep your mouth shut when you sleep or you may find a little extra protein in your system! I would pack up and leave!!

Anonymous said...

We had cockroaches in a trailer we rented in Florida years ago. The landlady said, "Oh, those meadow bugs? They won't hurt you any." But they did hurt - didn't sleep well all week.
Hope they're outta there soon!

denise said...

Yuck! Spiders aren't so bad after all! I know people learn to live with them, but I'm not sure I could. Is it worse in the Spring? I'd like to see flat Stanley go after them. Maybe you need to have a flat Stanley army? There's a craft idea for the kids!
p.s. good advice from Dan, sleep with your mouth closed!
Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Did you pack up and leave yet??

shellbell said...

Sounds somewhat similar to when Kent and I were in Guatemala...cockroaches EVERYWHERE. Spraying deet on them is effective...but I don't think it's safe to do in doors. ;)

Sonny Huisman said...

I second both Katie and Dan's comments:

EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Sleep with the lights on and your mouths closed!

I would have nightmares of them crawling in my bed! Yuck . . . definitly sleep with the lights on and keep Stanley on guard!