Saturday, March 15, 2008

Hout Bay

I was just looking at all the photos we took on our trip and I realized we did and saw so much!!! What a trip we had. I am so grateful that we have an opportunity to travel. The best part was having Scott's mom and dad along seeing all of it with us!! It is such a beautiful country. I would never have guessed that this country had so much beauty. Despite all of the negative things you hear - AIDS, crime, corruption, racism, and unemployment - God is ever present everywhere and I think we tend to forget that and focus on the negative. God is working and showing his creations everywhere!! Everything is created by him and we are the caretakers!
Pictures do not do justice to all the sights and beauty we saw. Scott's mom and I were just in awe!! I think we said more than one time how amazing the area is.
.
One of our stops was Hout Bay - known for its Fish and Chips and the Mariner's Wharf. It was an overcast day, but one of enjoying the moments with the family. We walked along the beach and then the pier. When we first arrived there was a baby seal walking along the beach. Of course the kids excitement scared the seal into the water before I could get a picture.
Here is the Bay - check out the link on Mariner's Wharf for a better picture.
Did I mention how close Maddie and Alex are?!? They are amazing and they get along so well.
I love this picture!! It was nice to see Scott's parents enjoying themselves.
Alex needed an umbrella holder (me). It was too big for him.
He does not like to get wet.
and then you have Maddie not having a care in the world of getting wet.
.
Our family has grown so much since our move to South Africa. We are enjoying time together and always thanking God for this awesome opportunity.

3 comments:

denise said...

What great pictures of a wonderful vacation! You're right, the one of Scott's parents is priceless.
Your slideshow is awesome too. I just love this blog thing! Makes us feel like we're a part of all that you're experiencing.
It's such a blessing to hear that you are growing as a couple and a family and that the kids are doing so well. This was definately a call from God to go to SA and how wonderful that you were open to what He wanted you to do.
Glad that your GEMS and Cadets went so well too. Keep up the great work! With tons of love and pride, Mom and Dad D

joan b. said...

Wow! What a lot of great pictures of your travels and your time w/ Scott's parents. Must have been a marvelous trip for them! Moving to South Africa has been a tremendous experience for you, hasn't it. It was great fun to catch up after a couple of weeks of not checking blogs. Thanks for the updates - and your continual reminders of God's faithfulness and goodness. You are so special, Lia!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.