Thursday, March 6, 2008

DROP EVERYTHING!!!

Side Blog:
.
This was not part of our Cape Trip - The kids and I went to a Lion and Rhino Nature Preserve today. We went with Sarah Weeda and her son, Kaden. They are friends from Innotec who have lived in South Africa before. They are visiting South Africa for 3 weeks. We decided to take the a little drive and see some more animals. I was excited about the possibility to interact with Tiger cubs. I was not going to get my hopes up - but to my delight they had 6 week old Tigers and Lions to interact with. So I signed my consent form (for both the kids and I) and off we went into the pin!!!


6 week old tigers!! It has always been a dream of mine to hold a baby tiger!! I can not believe it!!

Here are some more pics!

They were very playful. They took Alex down, but he was still smiling!



Oh - So cute!!



Trying to get them to play with the toys.


Having Fun

Friend or Foe?!?

8 comments:

MikeandLynette said...

Looks like a blast. I am jealous. I think definately a "foe" for the last pict!

Anonymous said...

That is so super cool....so per our converstation it will cost me $2013.00 to hold a tiger....cost to get there and the cost to hold him....I am so glad...you need to frame that...

Miss and love you lots.

MikeandLynette said...

Sara~ How can you put a price tag on that? Not to mention you would get to see your sister! :) Truely PRICELESS!!!!

Anonymous said...

you are right it would be priceless....we shall see what the Good Lord has in store for me and my wanting to visit them will be...

Michelle said...

you, and your kiddos are much braver than I!

most animals just plain freak me out!
glad you enjoyed!

BTW, Lia, got your email and phone message, working on my reply... really I am.
:)
sending love!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is incredible! I am so jealous.

denise said...

A dream come true for you!! How exciting!

Sonny Huisman said...

Those cats are freakin adorable! I'm so jealous!