Tuesday, July 3, 2007

OUR HOME





HOME

This is a picture of our new home. We are still in the process of getting furniture and everyday things. We have “upgraded” our kitchen table to a pile of boxes and I was able to make Spaghetti in the microwave.

Today has been a tough day. Alex has hit his breaking point. He cried (putting it softly) at the furniture store for about 30 min. He was so angry/hungry/sick/tired that he tried to run away and he knocked over a planter and we then had to add an extra $120.00 USD to pay for it. The “good thing” is we got to take it home with us. Maybe we can piece it back together.

Anyway the sickness has limited us on doing a lot. Yesterday we went home to give Alex a nap and by the time he woke up all the stores were closed. I know I could send Scott out to get things, but I would prefer my taste over his.

We are moving at a slow pace – We were finally able to get to the phone place and they have informed us it will be 10 – 14 days for phone service and then another 2 weeks for internet. Also the furniture that was to come today – half will be here tomorrow and the other half on Thursday. As I am typing all of this and gripping over the slowness of everything here, I am realizing how much I obsess about material items. As we were driving to a store we saw people sleeping under trees in the fields with all of their possessions under the tree. I keep thinking about how cold I am on an air mattress and 4 blankets and wearing 3 sets of clothes in a house and there are so many here sleeping in the cold. I have taken a lot for granted and God sure is opening my eyes to the world outside of my little world.

Anyway, my main purpose for this blog entry is to give you all our Postal Address here it is:

Scott and Lia Leenstra
PO Box 184
Montana Park 0159
South Africa

Keep the emails and comments coming. Thank you to all those who have emailed your messages, thoughts, and prayers they really mean a lot to us.


JUST A FUN PICTURE OF THE KIDS

6 comments:

Greg said...

I bet you can't wait to get your furniture tomorrow. Your house is pretty nice looking. Aiden was asking to see Alex yesterday, so you guys are definitely missed. Get better and keep rested in both mind and body. We are headed to the cottage tomorrow (Wed)to spend time with mom and dad. We love you all.
G-

Anonymous said...

Scott & Lia, Maddie and Alex - What an adventure! Hope your new place soon feels like home and the settling in is complete. Sending love and prayers from Michigan.....

Sara said...

Sounds like you are doing ok. I hope this sickness stuff goes away...sounds like you have your work cut out....but fear not we are all praying for you. I am sure it's hard to adjust. We are all blessed....Miss you all!

Anonymous said...

Lia - I was just going to email and ask if you had an address yet and decided to check your blog and there it was! Any idea how many stamps it takes to mail a card to Africa? I love the kitchen table! So true about how we complain about how rough we have it when we really have it so good! Glad you're all doing well - everyone looks like they're feeling better. Take care! Love, Aunt Marva

Anonymous said...

Scott, Lia, Maddie & Alex - we are so glad to read your updates. Hope you are all feeling better! It sounds like you need to have a lot of patience living there. We are so used to having everything we want when we want it. We will keep you in our prayers and we hope the weather warms up for you. Just a little note...I think Riley is having a good time here. We are going to take him up to the cottage tonight. I will email you some pictures soon. We love you all! Deb & Jessica

Carolyn said...

Carolyn would love the COLD...Our house is 69 in the air conditioning and she's due next week.
It does open your eyes though I'm sure seeing people trying to stay warm under trees.
The great part is that you started this in the worst possible weather and you'll be telling us how nice it is 6 months from now when we're all freezing up here....
I hope you feel better and get the furniture soon. Take care and we're praying for you.
Jeff and Carolyn