Tuesday, July 17, 2007

MADDIE STARTS SCHOOL TODAY



Well Scott left at 7:00 this morning to bring Maddie to her first day of school. She is in Grade 0 (kindergarten) at Charis Christian School. I was sick in the bathroom just being nervous for her. It was like she was going to preschool all over again. I called Scott and he let me know that it was going well. Maddie was nervous, but her teacher (maam Loraine) was very nice and so were her classmates. Maddie had to use the bathroom and a classmate took her hand and helped show her. That was nice. Scott stayed for a while and then left. We are about to leave to pick her up. I pray that she had a great first day and that she made some friends.

How do you like the uniform? Maddie thinks it is wierd that they are all in the same outfit. In a way it is nice, because I do not have to think about what she has to wear in the morning (especially that early in the morning - who starts school at 7:30??).


Here is her class - 1 kid was out sick (kind of nice that it is a small class)


Reading a Bible Story

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will have to let us all know how the first day went. Give her a big hug for me.....She's getting so big!

Anonymous said...

PS: Tell her I like the uniform!

Katie said...

Maddie is so cute in her uniform! Hope her first day went well and give her a hug from me! Love you guys!

Lis said...

I can't wait to hear how Maddie's first day went! How nice that it is a small class - hopefully it won't be too hard to blend right in! I'm sure she will do great! I feel your pain on the whole first day thing - first day's and good-bye's are just not my thing! Love you! Lis

Anonymous said...

Oh Lia, Maddie looks so cute, those are the cutest uniforms I've seen on kids in Africa! All the ones I saw were navy skirts and white blouses! Can't wait to hear all about her first day! Good to be home from conference, it was a really good one, very laid back and enjoyable! Can't wait to read the evaluations. Love you, Barb

Anonymous said...

I still remember my kids' first day of kindergarten, first over-nighter, first time at camp, etc.!! Something about 'firsts' that you never forget! I'm sure Maddie will do well - she's so sweet, who couldn't love her?? Do all the girls have to wear pony tails? I noticed they all had them. Laiya always wore uniforms and now she won't even look at a skirt. Love ya!! Aunt Marva

Anonymous said...

Lia, Spent the afternoon at the service center. Jan was wondering about the book about Heather. Do you remember the name of the book? She would like to get another one, but doesn't remember the title. Can't wait for you to get your email up and running! But then I know Africa, and nothing happens fast! Take care!
Love you, Barb