Thursday, July 19, 2007

A NEW MEMBER TO THE FAMILY


We have added a new member to the family. Scott came home with a kitty!! The kids are so excited (me too). It adds a little extra fun to our family. The kids named it Sylvester (I think they miss our cat Sylvester at home). The pet store said he is 8 weeks old, but I have a feeling he is not that old yet. He is so teeny. Maddie woke up this morning and ran down stairs to get the kitty. She has been carrying it around since we have gotten it. She even wanted to show him her school.

Talking about school – the first day was a little rough – the teacher said she was very shy and stayed to herself. We went to pick her up early and we watched her on the playground. She was looking a little lost. BUT – day two went much better. We went to pick her up and she was so excited to show us the whistle (bell) at school and her new friends. The little girls in her class came up to me and said that they were Maddie’s new friends. It was so cute. Maddie also was invited to a Birthday Party on Saturday. WOW is she happy. It seems to be going ok for her. The teacher is very impressed on how much Maddie knows her numbers and letters (Maddie just beams). School is good for her.

Well we are still trying to get on a normal routine here – I think it may take a few months. We are all doing well. Scott has to go to some training next week for work and it seems to be moving slow for him. He is constantly checking his emails and trying to get things accomplished. It is weird having him home all the time – The kids and I like it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the kittie and love the pictures! Missing you guys everyday and can't wait to talk to you.
Much Love!

Anonymous said...

Cute kitty! That's great for all of you - I know you love animals. Glad that Maddie is making friends and already going to a birthday party. Let me know when you have Skype set up and ready to go - can't wait to 'see' you. Love, Aunt Marva

Katie said...

How cute - another Sylvester:)

Anonymous said...

What an adorable kitten. I guess I passed that passion on to you. It's always so nice to have an animal that listens to all your woes and good times and NEVER talks back. Have fun with him.
I'm so thankful Maddie is doing well in school.
It was great to talk to you the other day. I sure miss all of you.
Love you guys.
Mom