Monday, June 2, 2008

BLESSINGS

My sickness of Tick Fever has turned into a pregnancy - the doctors say it is a first!! WE ARE SO EXCITED!
.
I have been so sick with headaches, nausea, sore glands and did I mention headaches. I was taking antibiotics for Tick Fever and I was feeling so weird - so for reassurance I took a pregnancy test (actually I took two - why is it you never believe the first result?!?). I was just feeling nervous about taking all of the medication. Well it was a good thing because the antibiotics are not good for pregnant women! I feel really blessed that I found out early!
.
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!! WOW! GOD SURE HAS PLANS FOR US! I am still sick with tick fever - sorry about not updating you - I am very tired and weak. The doctors have me monitored to see if I relapse more on the tick fever. Please pray that I continue to get better (yesterday was my first day without a headache!! YEAH!!) I have been getting behind on many things here at home - homeschooling, cleaning, laundry to name a few! I have been so blessed that Scott is at home to help take care of the kids. He even did homeschooling one day (yes one day is all he could handle :)
.
Yesterday, we took Scott to the 24 Med center to get him checked out. He is now feeling his Tick Fever. He has very sore joints, headaches and now a sick stomach (maybe he is pregnant?!?) Scott has two tick bites. Pray that he feels better soon.
.
We feel so happy (despite being sick). The kids are so excited. When I told Maddie I had a baby in my tummy she said "No you don't!" - me: "Yes, I do!" her: "No, you don't!" I think it took her by surprise! Now she is always coming up to me to give me a hug or rub my back - SO CUTE. Alex's reaction was "Mom! I can't handle two sisters!" Then I told him it could be a baby brother - he was ok with that!
.
I will update more on Scott's work, a possible visit home, and the pregnancy soon! Just please keep us in your prayers. Pray for our sickness to go away, for a healthy pregnancy, for Scott's work, for our unpredictable future here in South Africa. AND GIVE THANKS TO God for this precious gift he has given our family!!!
.
Ps 139:13-16
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

10 comments:

MikeandLynette said...

Congrats Lia, that is very exciting! Can I ask... How far along are you?

Lia Leenstra said...

I am 5 weeks - so just the beginning stages!! Lots of fun!!

Anonymous said...

So exciting :) I love the kids responses....you caught me off guard when you told me.....I still laugh about it....It's cool...just wasn't expecting it :) Definately in my prayers as well as Tom's :)

LCHS 2013 said...

Yay! CONGRATULATIONS! So excited for you all!
Will definitely be praying that this tick bite shtuff will go away soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is great! We're excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys! Hope you and Scott start feeling better soon.
Jonna

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

I'm glad you finally posted it on your blog so I can write CONGRATULATIONS here! We are so excited for you and we will keep you all in our prayers - that you and Scott feel better real soon and that all goes well with the pregnancy, the job, the trip home, etc. Love ya!! Aunt Marva

GOTG said...

What wonderful news Lia & Scott - in a million years, I never thought we'd have kids a few months apart. My hope is that you recover soon - and get to feeling better! We're sending prayers for you all.

Katie said...

Congrats Lia & Scott! I still can't believe that you are pregnant. We are so excited for you

denise said...

wow, you certainly have a way of surprising us! We are so happy for you! You have such a beautiful family and we pray all goes well as you prepare for another precious blessing. Love you all, Mom D