Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I have been bit by the bug - or should I say a tick

Well I have been a little (ok a lot) under the weather the past few days. Lots of headaches, chills, and very achy. I was thinking I was coming down with a bug or something. But I noticed a bite on me that was not normal (location of bite not available). It is about the size of a quarter with a black spot in the middle. I was not to concerned until my soreness and swollen glands got worse. It pain started in my upper thigh to lower back. Today I woke up and soreness spread to my ribs, stomach and the back of my arms and I also started getting a rash. My headaches have been so severe that I have been sleeping a lot. I have been moving slow and not much use around the house.

I have been diagnosed as having African Tick Fever! I have been given some antibiotics and hopefully in a few days I will be feeling better. Scott has two tick bites, but not as severe. Of course the tick that bit me had more bacteria to transfer - YEH ME! Scott is also sore, but please pray that he does not get the full effects. The antibiotic will mess up his blood sugar levels so it is not recommended that he take it. I hope if his gets severe they will prescribe something!

You may be wondering how did I get bit by a tick? Well, when we were hunting we walked through the bush with lots of ticks. We would do a tick check at night to make sure we got them off. Oops we missed a few. I keep thinking that this is my punishment for killing a zebra! Not funny. After you are bit by a tick it takes 5 - 7 days to show signs of the bacterial infection.

Please pray for me to feel better soon! I have an issue with headaches anyway, but these feel like I have a 50lb weight on my head. Please pray that the kids will have patience with me as I do not have much energy. Also, please pray that Scott's does not get worse.

3 comments:

LCHS 2013 said...

ugh! I have the heebie geebies! I will definitely be praying for you and Scott and the fam!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better. Things have been crazy and I've been meaning to call you and chat...but by the time I remember it's so late your time.....Love and miss you bunches and sending you oudles of good health your way...

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

Oh, that sounds awful!! I will definitely pray for both of you!1 You mom said today that you were being tested for something because you weren't feeling good. Hope you'll be better real soon!! Love ya! Aunt Marva