Monday, January 14, 2008

1st Day of Home Schooling


It is official - We started school today. I have such mixed emotions on this, but overall they are positive. I have been so excited getting an area set up for the school. We decided to turn the upstairs landing into a school room. What do you think?


The day started out so great, until the school work was a little over Alex's head. I did not plan enough activities for him to do while Maddie and I were doing math and phonics. MORE PREPARATION NEEDED! I think it will be hard to home school Maddie when Alex wants to do the same thing Maddie does.

Maddie enjoyed it and so did I! I know it is only Day 1, but I think we are off to a good start. All I hear from Maddie is "Yes, teacher" and "What do I do next teacher?" Pray that this attitude continues!!

Maddie's first Journal Page (She has to do 1 journal page a day without any help from me. It is so hard to not correct her spelling!)

We are off to the library and store to get supplies for tomorrows science project! Oh what fun!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your first day went well. Keep up the good work!
G-

denise said...

Way to go! I'm so proud of you! You'll be a great teacher to the kids. We will pray the good attitude keeps up and that you find ways to help Alex keep his pace too.
The room looks great. You've been busy since you've been back! Keep us posted on how it's going! Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Love the new school area, in a couple of weeks we get to see it in person (can't wait). You are a very creative person, you'll be able to work out the bugs as you go along.
Keep up the good work!
Love, Mom L.

Anonymous said...

Wow, You did a great job with the school area. I love it!!! I knew you would find a good place.
I will pray that all goes well with your teaching and attitudes.
love you.
mom

Lis said...

Your classroom looks great! You are going to do fine - just give yourself a little credit - patience is important as well as choosing your battles! So don't get frustrated! You will do Great!
Love ya,
Lis

Anonymous said...

Oh it looks so nice. You've been busy, I can tell.

Miss you all everyday!

Katie said...

I'm sure you will do an excellent job. That cracks me up that she call you teacher :)

Michelle said...

Looks great Lia! My favorite part is the alphabet taped on the wall--very school-ish!

Praying for you as you begin this new challenge!
Sending Love!

ASchaaf said...

Your classroom looks great! Have fun teaching your kids. You'll have so much fun together and can take so many cool "field trips"!
Amy Schaaf

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

The classroom looks great! Looks like you had a perfect spot to set up. I know you will do a great job 'teacher'. Love ya! Aunt Marva

joan b. said...

Looks great, Lia! Alex will probably learn a lot just being nearby and watching Maddie. Hope her fox is the stuffed kind :)
Love and hugs to all of you!